The client, one of the largest online travel agencies in the world, provides travel products and services to customers through websites and contact centers.
As a leading online travel retailer, the client's primary source of revenue was its Website. However, its customers were using the offline channel to post queries through phone calls, fax and white mails. Also, the client was experiencing a pronounced variance in call distribution at its contact center. WNS realized that the client was focusing overtly on the online channel, which resulted in the absence of a robust offline strategy. This was leading to a dip in revenues and market share. The client needed expertise to devise a roadmap to plug the gap.
The WNS Solution
After having identified the offline channel as an additional revenue stream, WNS deployed a team with deep domain expertise in enterprise analytics to evaluate the potential of the new channel. In addition, WNS undertook the following interventions:
- Conducted a thorough customer segmentation and analysis based on the cross-sell and up-sell product and services data, customer profitability, and customer life time value models. This enabled the client to focus on the right customers who could help generate offline sales
- Evaluated the performance of offline sales agents (agent effectiveness on sales) to ensure that the right agents were deployed for the project
- Ensured optimum staffing of best agents at peak intervals to maximize sales
- Developed a separate strategy for managing the least profitable set of customers (bottom quartile management)
The WNS solution enabled the client to improve its business performance with:
- An increase in offline revenues by 16 percent
- Enhancement of sales conversion rate to 21 percent
The WNS solution thus created a strong top-line business impact and enabled its client to outperform.
WNS and the Travel Industry
WNS is the world's largest travel Business Process Management company, with a legacy of having started out as a captive for British Airways. Today, WNS is a BPM partner for some of the leading global airlines. WNS provides the airline industry with the latest, top-notch solutions to create opportunities from challenges. Whatever the business trend, WNS has a solution for your business. Our solution suite that can help you ride the new waves in business include:
Social media management and social customer service
The WNS Sales Center of Excellence (CoE) that integrates the online and offline channels and adopts a 'sales through service' model to cross-sell and upsell relevant services based on customer data
An end-to-end Analytics Solutions suite (including our award-winning analytics framework WADESM) that leverages a huge team of domain experts and expertise in social media analytics, contact center and speech analytics and revenue model analytics that help you take informed decisions
Proprietary and industry-leading platforms such as VerifarePlusSM , Jade and SmartProSM that help enhance revenue generation for airlines
Process re-engineering techniques and a team of domain specialists that help airlines comply with industry regulations and standardization directives