WNS Cares Foundation (WCF) was born out of the collective conscience of WNS employees to give back to society in the best way that we could – provide quality education to the young and underprivileged.
Backed by the senior leadership at WNS, WCF helps employees and clients to channel their passion for community service into a concrete platform for change and hope.
Mission: To ‘Educate, Empower and Enrich’ underprivileged children and youth
- Focus on underprivileged children / youth
- Educate beyond academics
- Empower them to cross the bridge of social and economic divide
- Enrich with real-life skills
- Encourage employees / clients to give back to society
The WCF Equation
The WCF core philosophy revolves around our belief that each individual has the power to make a difference through education.
This can be best expressed through the equation below in which ‘1’ raised to the power of ‘1’ denotes the potential of one individual, and ‘E’ raised to the power of ‘3’ denotes the triple objectives of education, empowerment and enrichment.
The two pillars of WCF are:
- Learning Centers attached to WCF supported community schools in the vicinity of our offices around the world. The curriculum at each center matches the learning needs of the community, and our focus on ‘education beyond academics.’ Some components of the curriculum are computer literacy, remedial education, personality development, career guidance, mobile library, English speaking, self-defense and more.
- Active Volunteering: The fountainhead of WCF is its volunteer base that comprises employees and clients. The essence of the learning center is enriched with the dedication and passion of our WNS employees. They willingly devote their time and efforts to the WCF cause and are actively involved in evolving and executing WCF programs and activities.
A Snapshot of WCF Presence Around the World
Key achievements of WCF since its inception:
- Beneficiaries: More than 100,000
- Schools: More than 209
- Mobile libraries: 8 in India
- Present in: 21 locations and 9 countries
Accolades for WCF
- Gold for Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year (Asia, Australia and New Zealand) 2015
- Golden Peacock Global Award for Corporate Social Responsibility (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
- Asian Customer Engagement forum (ACEF) (2014,2015,2016)
- Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Award (AREA) (2014, 2015)
- BPeSA BPO Awards for Community Service, 2013
- Global CSR Award at World CSR Day, 2012
- Alpha Social Responsibility Award, 2012
- 'Stars of the Industry - BPO Excellence Awards' in the category of 'Social Change Agent', 2010-2011
- Social Entrepreneurship Award at Asia’s Best CSR Practice Awards, 2011