The air travel industry's primary concerns today are cost reduction, asset utilization, optimization and improved customer experience. In such a scenario, IT business solutions and telecommunications services that reduce complexity and improve operational performance are key.
For service providers to respond to these client needs, provisioning of their services needs to be reliable, accurate and fast backed by optimal service support and a smooth transition.
SITA, a leading service provider of IT business solutions and telecommunication services to air transport, government and GDS customers, providing services in over 220 countries and territories, is reputed for innovative, cost-effective and customer-centric service delivery. SITA partnered with WNS to not only reduce operational costs, but create a more responsive, centralized and enhanced back-office to streamline product delivery and maximize customer service.
The WNS Solution
Beginning in 2002 with a single order entry process, WNS and SITA have partnered to expand the scope of its engagement to cover a very wide footprint of processes in SITA's supply chain including providing support for product development, sourcing of products, provisioning of services, sales and marketing, distribution, customer order management and customer service. Services provided by WNS also include developing and implementing processes for provisioning of new products, managing the provisioning from local ISP vendors in areas where SITA does not have direct access, vendor accounts payable, order management, telesales and customer services for small and mid-sized customers and exceptions handling for the client's primary supplier.
WNS also provides a range of services from project management, IT application support, service management support, user acceptance testing of the SITA's platforms and software solutions to analytics for the business operations support system to monitor and forecast customer behavior especially service termination and query resolution.
At the time of SITA's migration to a new CRM platform, WNS also provided additional services such as data migration support and a lab environment for testing.
Key features of the WNS solution
Extending Your Enterprise
- Instituting offshore processes aimed solely at smooth onshore transition and undertaking an award-winning LEAN Six Sigma implementation to meet the aggressive transition deadlines
- Instituting four concept-to-operations processes to improve the client's service delivery levels:
||Order Validation Team to conduct technical and commercial validations of all orders to prevent revenue leakages and reduce billing exceptions from clients
||Telesales and Customer Support services for an important but fragmented segment of small and mid-sized customers
||Service Management Support Unit to process the bulk of administrative tasks, allowing the client's service managers to provide customers with quality attention
||Remote Project Management Office (PMO) to coordinate the client's internal and external projects using highly successful project management methodologies
- Instituting efficient business continuity planning at a remote location in Gurgaon to safeguard the client's business critical processes, efficiently coordinating the project through the PMO and applying WNS's proven transition methodologies
- Instituting a dedicated order management team for local ISP vendors, helping the client transition into a multi-vendor environment.
WNS extended the client's enterprise by standardizing and consolidating supply chain knowledge management across nine regions globally. Of note is WNS's crucial engagement in the client's transition to a new technology environment, as well as the scope and range of WNS's partnership with the client.
Benefits delivered by the WNS team
For more information or to learn about our service offerings, please click here or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exceeded telesales targets in 2007 by 37 percent
- Generated savings through robust debt collection of small to mid-sized customers
- Supported improvement of on-time delivery of customer orders by 20 percent in one year
- Supported the provisioning of more than 13 new products in four years
- Successfully managed the service delivery of nearly 27,000 orders in one year
- Reduced the average handling time of customer portal requests from eighteen days to three and a half days using LEAN methodology.