Industry : Travel and Leisure
Process : Revenue accounting and recovery
Helping United Airlines in revenue accounting and recovery, resulting in significant cost savings, process efficiencies and enhanced recoveries
In 2006, United Airlines (United) was looking for a cost effective and high-quality solution for its passenger revenue accounting and recovery processes, as part of the company's ongoing continuous improvement work to control costs and improve process efficiencies. United chose to leverage WNS's offshore capabilities to help meet those objectives and enhance recoveries from fare audits.
United chose WNS for its track record and reliability as well as its ability to offer an end-to-end solution and scale to meet growth needs. In 2006, United transitioned its revenue accounting and fare audit operations to WNS in India. WNS program managers worked in tandem with United to ensure that the migration was successful by documenting the processes, training the WNS staff in India in a short period, and setting-up IT connectivity. After the process migration to India, the WNS operations team maintained high quality delivery in operations and identified process improvement opportunities through a rigorous Six Sigma program.
The WNS Solution
Over 300 highly qualified WNS staff perform revenue accounting and fare audit functions ensuring accurate, efficient and timely processing, leading to enhanced recoveries. The successful knowledge transfer and training of India staff ensured quick ramp-up. Process improvements are enabled through automation and re-engineering.
Key features of the WNS solution
Benefits delivered by the WNS team
- Managing end-to-end passenger revenue accounting operations including complex functions of interline, auditing, investigation, refunds and collections
- Stringent service level agreements
- Multi-location delivery to ensure business continuity
- Highly skilled staff
- Proprietary staff training capabilities
- Rigorous quality assurance and Six Sigma programs
- Robust program management and migration methodology.
"United partnered with WNS for its recognized leadership in BPO, particularly in airline revenue accounting. United has been very pleased with both the financial and service quality paybacks from this initiative, and we expect to collaborate further with WNS to bring about continuous improvements in this critical accounting and customer service function."
- Significant cost savings
- Initiatives to increase productivity levels
- Improved service quality
- Enabled United resources to focus on strategic initiatives
- Guaranteed process efficiencies every year
- Comprehensive MIS and reporting.
David Wing - VP and Controller, United Airlines
For more information or to learn about our service offerings, please click here or write to us at email@example.com